‘Failed him’ – Newcastle United fans point the finger after player completes permanent move away

Written on Saturday, 30 August 2025
Liam Brusby

Something needs to be done!

On Friday, Newcastle United confirmed that talented young striker Garang Kuol has completed a permanent move to Sparta Prague.

There was a lot of hype when the Australian arrived; he had just come off the back of an impressive World Cup campaign where he came up against Lionel Messi’s Argentina.

However, Garang Kuol was immediately loaned out to Hearts for the first few months of his Newcastle United career, where he failed to impress, scoring just once in eight appearances.

There had been rumours that Kuol could leave Newcastle this summer, and it has now been confirmed, with the 20-year-old attacker joining Czech First League leaders Sparta Prague on a permanent deal.

Kuol joins former Newcastle U21s head coach Diarmuid O’Carroll in Prague, with the Irishman taking up a coaching role in June.

With the attacker failing to live up to expectations on Tyneside, Newcastle fans believe there is one man to blame.

READ MORE: Who is Garang Kuol? Height, Position, Transfer, Family and More

Photo by Harriet Massey/Newcastle United via Getty Images

Newcastle United fans blame Shola Ameobi for Garang Kuol’s failure

Last season, Kuol showed a lot of promise in the Premier League 2 for the Young Magpies, registering nine goal involvements in 10 appearances.

O’Carroll clearly thinks Kuol is ready to perform in the Czech Republic, and likely played a big part in getting the move through. Sadly, the damage was done after Kuol’s second loan spell, a disastrous stint at Eredivisie side FC Volendam.

One positive is that Newcastle banked around £200,000 profit from Kuol’s move to Prague, but the Newcastle fans have taken aim at loan manager Shola Ameobi for his past decisions.

“Shola you have blood on your hands,” said one Newcastle fan on X, while another added: “Keep Shola away from Seung Soo.”

This fan highlighted his failure on Tyneside, saying: “He was meant to be the chosen one, good luck son.”

“I expected more from his time at Newcastle. Sad to see a talent like him go, but clearly the club do not see him as part of the future,” said this disappointed Newcastle fan

Another fan added: “Good luck to the lad, the Hearts loan was diabolical, club was in disarray at the time the manager got sacked, and the new guy didn’t give him the time of day, playing him out of position.”

“Completely shafted by rubbish loan moves.”

Newcastle United must not repeat Garang Kuol’s failure with other talents

Kuol was one of the first exciting young stars who had been signed by Newcastle after the takeover in 2021. It is fair to say that the attacker had a lot to live up to, which appears to have been his downfall.

The Australians’ failure at Newcastle must be a lesson to those inside the club who are responsible for loans. Whether it is Ameobi or Peter Ramage, loan moves for these talented young players from abroad simply must be worth their while and guaranteed to help them develop for the future.

Newcastle have sent multiple young players out on loan this summer, with Antonio Cordero being the move fans are most interested in. Cordero was loaned to KVC Westerlo shortly after joining Newcastle, but has yet to make a start for the Belgian Pro League side.

Like Kuol, there is a lot of excitement about Cordero, but his move to Westerlo was not the move fans thought he would make. Earlier this year, Cordero was linked with a loan move to Ajax, but that deal clearly fell through.

The post ‘Failed him’ – Newcastle United fans point the finger after player completes permanent move away appeared first on Geordie Boot Boys.